To apply to study in Kimmage you must complete the standard online application form and then submit supporting documentation by post or courier. Applications will be acknowledged but will not be processed until full supporting documentation and the application fee (€35) has been received. If you have not received an acknowledgement of your application within 10 days, please contact the admissions office to check the status of your application.
Contact us for our bank account details to arrange a transfer or use the PayPal facility on our application form to pay the fee.
Please complete and submit the online application form using the online application facility.
Supporting documentation should be sent by post or courier (not email). It is important that you submit your application as early as possible before the start of a new academic year.
- a certified* copy of Degree certificates, and /or certified copies of University transcript(s). Please do not send original documents as these will not be returned. Please note that Irish applicants are not required to submit certified copies of Degree certificates and / or transcripts. Regular photocopies copies are sufficient to apply but you may be requested to produce the originals on enrollment.
- an additional ‘post graduate form’ (required in the case of learners wishing to register for the MA or PG Dip) outlining reasons for wanting to study, any prior skills and knowledge in the area and possible topic of research or area of interest for a final dissertation, or, for candidates applying for single modules only, a 500 word personal statement of reasons for wanting to study, prior experience and current responsibilities
- Two references, one of which should be an academic reference (these should be returned in a sealed envelope)
- a certified* photocopy of a statutory ID document such as a passport or birth cert.
- IELTS or TOEFL certificate where English is a second language (at least 6.5 in IELTS test or a score of 580 in print based TOFL is required)
- a passport sized photo
*A certified copy is a photocopy of a document that has been stamped and verified by one of the following: a Lawyer or solicitor; a Local Embassy or Consulate official; Commissioner for Oaths or Member of Judiciary; A British Council Official; A University Dean or Registrar.
Forms are available to download here:
MA Reference Form 2014
Supporting Documentation should be sent by post or courier to:
Kimmage Development Studies Centre
Republic of Ireland